1 (a). Is it right that the number of Senators has been reduced, thus limiting
the choice for Islanders as a whole to choose their political leaders?
1 (b). If no, what would you seek to do about it?
2. The States Pension age is going to be progressively increased over the next few years. Would you support legislation preventing employers from compulsorily retiring people who have not yet qualified for their pension, to prevent them being left without any income other than such welfare as they may qualify for?
3 (a). Would you support measures to stabilise the population at current levels?
3 (b). If not, how do think Jersey can accommodate further population growth?
4. Who will have your support to be the next Chief Minister?
5. Would you like Jersey to move towards a more progressive tax system?
6. Do you think GST should be retained in its present form, abolished, reduced or increased?
7 (a). Is Ministerial Government working the way it was envisaged?
7 (b) If not, what would you do to remedy the situation?
8. With the long-term stagnation of the housing market, the private rental sector is once again growing in importance. Would you support an overhaul of tenancy law to strike a fairer balance of rights and duties between residents and landlords?
9. Do you have a view on whether the extensive importation of UK Civil Service managers on short contracts is beneficial, or whether ther should be more emphasis on career development for local civil servants?
10. Which, if any, public services would you like to see the States cutting?
11. Would you support increased Social Security contibutions, ring fenced to protect future pension & health benefits, but not as a way of raising income for the Treasury.
Ted Vibert St Helier 3/4
1.absolutely right. The islandwide mandate is meaningless when a person can ber elected with 270 votes and has the same power as someone with 14,000 votes
3.(b) It can't
4. Myself or Ian le Marquand
6. Abolished eventually, reduced and taken off food and heating fuel
7.(a) Not at all
7.(b) Go back to Clothier and not cherry pick
10. Not services but departments. Economic Development is a layer of public servants on top of a layer of public servants.